2015年8月18日星期二

智洪《心要法门》第四章:敞开胸怀面对事实 - 心得报告

敞开胸怀,面对现实

Saturday, August the fifteenth, 11.45am. I am now sitting at my desk trying to jot down notes for my afternoon session. I was very sleepy just now and took a break to prepare my coffee. I am very relaxed now compared to those tensed days when I (need to) prepare my reports. I had just asked my wife to read out the above 8 characters for me and whilst preparing my coffee, I suddenly thought of something to pen down.

Tomorrow is the 3rd Sunday morning of the month when we usually send our discarded items to the Tzu Chi’s recycling points. We brought out the items that were lying in the yard for the past three months to be brought over to Tzu Chi’s permanent recycling centre at Kepong Baru. Quite a lot of things, but minus the newspaper since we subscribed to the e-paper two months ago. Both my hands and those of my wife’s were full. Upon reaching the 1st floor (where our park is parked), the elevator door opened. Before we can exit the elevator, a man with two primary school goers tried to squeeze into the elevator. I was annoyed with the incident. Not only the kids were not behaving, the man was also the same. I uttered a remark “孩子没有教到”. Of course I didn’t sing it aloud. 

To me, the manner of the day is the let people out first from the elevator before any one goes in. At least, that was what I was told. 

Here, my brain worked its normal phase again. My wife told me, why can’t we just face the situation as it is. If we couldn’t exit where the elevator door was so small to allow us to exit together with three persons coming in, we should have just said to the kids in a lighter tone “Hi, kids, may you please allow us to exit first? Thank you.” 

In that way, at least we are telling the kids the way it is and we, especially me, will bear no grudge on it later on.

It was only a small incident this morning but it reminds me that it does not matter whether the issue is small or big, face it head on with an open mind.

[Face everything with open mind is very good, but it is just half way through. When we keep correct situation, correct relationship and correct function from moment to moment, it completes the second half.]

没有评论:

发表评论