This chapter taught me a lot in viewing things or events. I tend to see things through my lenses mixed by my previous experiences.
The recent happening involves my mom and two kids. There is one club in my hometown where I am a member. This club gives away awards for academic excellence for students every year and both my sons passed the criteria for those monetary awards. To apply for that, applicants need to submit application forms coupled with certified true copies of the academic results. My younger boy had his results slips certified some time ago but the elder brother had not done his part until yesterday. My 意识形态 started when I asked the elder boy to get his results certified. From previous experience, I know that he didn’t like to do this kind of tasks and given a choice, he wouldn’t do it. So, he delayed. At first we wanted to let him be and be responsible for the delay. Let the younger brother gets his awards and this elder boy misses his. But on second thought, we just couldn’t let him shy away from tasks. He is approaching 18 years old and he should work if he also wants to have his awards. He wants his awards but doesn’t want to get his results certified. So, this time around, we, or rather, Pui Choo forced him to get his results slip certified.
My mother on the part was very anxious to get hold of the documents until she called us a few times wanting to travel all the way from my hometown to my house just to collect the documents. To be fair to her, the deadline for submission is this Sunday. I was irritated at that time when I spoke to her over the phone yesterday afternoon. I put down my work and drove back to send the documents to her. I didn’t notice that my younger son had forgotten to hand over the complete set of documents to me the day before. That had compounded my irritation. I left my mom’s house after setting my foot there for a couple of minutes only. She even wanted to follow me back to my home to collect the remaining document which was still kept by my younger son. I assured her that I will be sending to her soon.
Later in the evening yesterday, she called up my elder son informing him that she will be driving down to our place early in the morning to collect the document. My son stopped her from doing so as we didn’t want the elder lady to drive alone for such a distance just to collect a piece of paper. I was very upset upon hearing that later from my elder son.
Upon reflection, I noticed that from the small happenings above, they are really small happenings that don’t warrant any negative feelings at all. First, my意识形态of my elder son. I reprimanded him a few times over the above incident. Yes, I may reprimand him but the whole thing started even before he delays the task. That was because I had judged him based on his past experience. I should have ‘refreshed’ my memory every now and then (just like computers) to clear off old unpleasant memories. He should be allowed to perform his tasks and I should guide him from moment to moment.
As for my anxious mother, knowing that the unfinished task will trouble her, I should have sent those documents to her earlier. I was upset with her as I don’t like being pushed to do things but I have not done myself or her any justice. Things like these must change.
[Good, very good, you know what should be changed, and what should be done. Remind yourself from time to time, let go your ‘I, My, Me’, and just reflect. looking forward to seeing your change.]
没有评论:
发表评论